Sunday, August 28, 2011

Catching Up


I received this comment yesterday from "Anonymous":
Who ever up dates this site is lame. Come on now update since April????
You might think this would make me mad, but it doesn't for a couple of reasons.  First, there is probably a 50% chance my wife left this comment.  Second, they are spot on...I am lame.  So with that in mind, I guess I will give this blog another shot. 

I'm not sure where I am going to go with this blog, but cyclocross season is coming up and this will be my first year to race cross.  Several other members of Team Tom's are going to be racing this year as well.  My guess is that some hijinx will ensue and more than a few good stories should come out of this.  In the meantime, here are some things I think are worth passing on.
  • This has been an unbearably hot summer in Tulsa.  In fact, it might very well be the hottest summer in record (if not, it is close).  I am not sure what the deal is this year (getting older?) but I have not been able to acclimate to the heat as well this year.  One thing that has been really hard is hydration.  Drinking 6-8 bottles of liquid during a 3 hour ride is hard.  If I just drink water, I run out of electrolytes.  If I try to drink sports drinks my stomach quickly gets irritated by the sweet taste.  Enter Allen Lim and his "Secret Drink Mix".  Long-time followers of this Blog (all 4 of you) know that I am a fan of Allen Lim and reading this article has resulted in me placing an order for this product.  My hope is that this fills some missing piece of my on-bike nutrition.  I will try to post a review once I get a chance to try this product out.  
  • As I mentioned earlier, 2011 will be my first cyclocross season.  I wish I could embed this video, but the site won't let me.  Still, you should go check it out.  It is a nice video about cyclocross racing in CO.  Not only is the video informative and motivating, it is nicely produced.  Check out the rest of the Mud and Cowbells while you are there...some good stuff.

I think that is enough for now.  I have some more ideas of things to write about and links to share, but I don't want to waste 5 months worth of repressed content in one post.  So whoever you are, "Anonymous," thanks for the comment and getting me to write again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment